Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Wonderfulness

I had a great weekend with my family. It involved a trip to Maryland, spa treatments and impromtu shoe shopping. I discovered DSW. It's heaven. Seriously. It's even all white and quiet and peaceful. I got two pairs of shoes for about $40. Best trip ever.

If a trip to Maryland sounds random, it's not, really. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, aka Mormon, and we have a temple in Kensington, Maryland. There's also one in Palmyra, NY, Manhattan and in 2014 there will be one in Philadelphia. Temples are gorgeous buildings that aren't used as a regular chapel would be. Special things like marriages and sealing of children to families happen there. We believe that those who have died benefit from ordinances like baptism performed by proxy by those who are living, and those types of things are done in the temple as well.

For more information on what happens at the temple, go here.
For more information on Mormons, go here.
For facts about the Washington DC temple, go here.

So that's why I have been silent the last couple of days. I was on somewhat of a vacation. Today it was back to life as usual. I was super excited to wear one of my new pairs of shoes. They are blue strappy wedges...sky high wedges. I love them! I wore them with a Vera Wang printed shift dress, a grey shirt and blackish-greyish stockings:


I originally was going to wear mustardy yellow tights to match the flowers, but they looked a little funny when you compared my legs to my bare arms...the skin color kind of clashed. There's that pesky weird shade of brown thing again.

Enjoy your evening! I'm off to watch Heroes with mi madre. It's her birthday. Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comment: