Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One Month & Other Stuff

I got through the month! I wore a skirt 30 out of 31 days, the skirt-less day being a sick day. I left the house in pants twice, for kickboxing. There were days that I would have done anything for jeans. There were days when I wanted to burn every article of clothing I owned. There were days where I could not put together an outfit to save my life. But, I did it. Now I just have to do it for 11 more months. One day at a time.

When you wear a skirt all the time, you start to notice things. Like just how unladylike you get out of a car. You think nothing of it when you're in pants, but when you're wearing a skirt, you're suddenly more aware of what you're doing. I'm still trying to perfect it. It's not going well.

I watched "Leave it to Beaver" this morning. June Cleaver would be mortified if she could see my hair. I'm sure she wouldn't approve of me going (gasp!) bare legged today, either. I didn't have much of a choice. I no longer have sheer, me-colored stockings, and I didn't have tights that would match. I just shaved yesterday (TMI?*) so I figured I had nothing to lose.

As for the rest of my body, it was all covered appropriately. I feel like my outfit was channeling a desperate-New England-housewife-going-to-the-mountains kind of vibe. It wasn't intentional.


You can't see it behind my grossly disproportionate hand, but I'm wearing pearls to match the earrings.

And that's all for tonight, kids. I hope January was good to you. Here's to February!



* Dad, TMI means "too much information." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment