Friday, January 27, 2012

I should see a doctor.

I get a lot of headaches. All kinds. Migraines, tension headaches, combinations of the two. Last night I experienced something I'm not sure I would wish on my worst enemy. Sometimes I wish I had the capacity to wish such harm against certain people, but I don't. It felt like my left eye was on fire and boring into my skull. The pain radiated through my scalp and part of my face, but never reached my right eye. I was getting ready for bed when it happened. One minute I was doing something on my phone and the next, I was suddenly in pain. I grabbed my eye mask, shut off the lights and immediately laid down, but soon after I was in even more pain. To top it off, I was having a hard time breathing. At the time I couldn't figure out why I couldn't breathe, but my dad pointed out that I was probably in a panic from the intense pain.

It hurt so badly that I cried. You should know that I have a very high tolerance for pain. The last time I cried because something hurt was in 2009 when I had paronychia in my right middle finger. The doctor had to stab my swollen, pus filled finger multiple times to drain it. The receptionist was kind enough to hold my other hand while it was being done, and I was in so much pain that I almost broke it. My grandmother said that when she had it, it was worse than childbirth. Go ahead, google it. If you know what's good for you, you'll stop biting your nails.

Today I read up on headaches on mayoclinic.com. Last night's headache fit the description of a cluster headache almost perfectly. It even said that people describe the pain as a burning sensation. What scared me is that the reason they're called cluster headaches is because they are recurring headaches, potentially 3 or 4 in one day, every day for some period of time. They also happen around the same time every day. After reading that I panicked about having another one between 9:30 and 10. Thankfully, I didn't. So I don't know why I had a cluster-type headache without the cluster. I do know that I don't want it to happen again.

I braved the yellow tights today...and got a compliment! I went suit shopping with my dad tonight and while I was waiting for him to come out of the fitting room, a girl who there waiting for her friend said that she liked my tights and that she thought they complemented my skin tone quite nicely. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment