Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'd go to bed, but...

1) I never did tell you what I wore today.
2) I have to research the best places to find men's suits. More on that in a moment.

I began this morning disheveled and grumpy because I accidentally slept in (after having been up past 2am making cupcakes). Job #1 said to go ahead, get ready, I'd feel better. It made sense, so I followed the counsel of my wise employer/father. An hour and a half later I arrive at work, coiffed and ready to go, only to find that my dad had just left and I had nothing to do. So I went downstairs to assess the damage on the cupcakes and do some dishes. I don't think I get paid to wash dishes.

Anyway, I ended up wearing a ruffled button down shirt (black with a tiny purple/red/mauve flower print) belted over a black pencil skirt with purple tights and black sling backs. Ta da!

I look a tad disproportionate, but it may be just how I'm standing. It's hard coming up with poses I look decent in. It's hard taking pictures of myself, period.

Speaking of pictures, the double fudge cupcakes came out great. The addition of ganache on top probably makes them triple fudge, but I'm trying not to think about it.


My dad said they may be the best chocolate cupcakes he's had in his entire life. Right. But that brings me to the second reason why I'm not in bed: suit research.

My dad needs suits. It's been determined that he is between sizes at the moment, which is a little unfortunate, because he has no plans to go up to the next size or go down to the smaller size. So now my job is to find stores that carry this odd number. A suit expedition for my dad is like me shopping for hosiery. It takes forever. He's weird sizes, I'm picky about my color, believe me, the two aren't so different.

And so I bid thee good night. I'm off to learn about men's pants and where I can get them in odd sizes.

---

I think he should hire a tailor.

No comments:

Post a Comment