Thursday, January 26, 2012

Underachieving Overreacter

I made my bed today. I even put the shams and throw pillows on there. Sadly, I am proud of this. It's the little things that make me happy.

It's the little things that make me unhappy as well. Ever say something stupid and stress out about it for hours? Beat yourself up and swear that you'll never speak to that person again because you feel so badly about it? Maybe think of ways you could have someone else apologize for you because you're too embarassed? Replay the scene over and over in your mind and wish you could break the time/space continuum in order to change it?

What kind of histrionic, insecure, irrational and emotionally crippled individual would think all of that about a statement that everyone that was present has probably already forgotten?

You caught me. All it takes is for someone to twitch in the wrong moment and I'd interpret that as the universal signal for, "shut up, I hate you." I haven't covered this in therapy yet.

I had another frustrating morning in front of the closet today.



I think that just about says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment