Friday, January 6, 2012

Let's clarify.

I've gotten some concerned feedback regarding my use of the phrase "filling a void" last night.

I was tired, and it was a poorly executed joke. Yes, I'm getting divorced, but believe me, there is no void. Maybe some anger and sadness about losing almost 2 years of my life, but no void.
In all honesty, I like to shop. I love to shop alone. I take my time and try everything on and try to only spend a certain amount and I take out my calculator and figure out what would be the best way to spend my money. Finally, after 29 years, the fact that I am a financial planner's daughter is evident.

Today's outfit took me a while to figure out. I hate being indecisive. I chose a sheer black accordion pleated skirt, mustard yellow t-shirt with some ruffly flowery nonsense on the left side of the neckline, and a black 3/4 sleeve cardigan. Sheer stockings, a long, multistrand necklace in tones of gunmetal and gold, my trusty watch and...grey, yellow and black high top chucks. I call them my Batman chucks. Trust me, they don't look as weird as they sound.

I'd like to take this moment to say that Jimi Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" just came on my Jem Pandora station. Nice.

Picture later.

---

It's later.

No comments:

Post a Comment