Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You Call It Vanity, I Call It Self Preservation.

Today's therapy session was good and bad all at the same time. Turns out I have some irrational fears that actually aren't so irrational (good), and I should practice what I preach (bad). I left a little depressed.

We also covered a topic something completely unrelated to me and my silly fears and anxieties. That topic was...clothes! As a result of this...

I have decided that I need to wear what I'm comfortable in and not worry about how other people judge me (did I say this was unrelated to my anxieties? I may have been incorrect). I am going to wear clothes that make feel good about myself and accessorize accordingly. I always feel best when I take the time to do my hair, makeup and pick a great outfit. If that process takes 2 hours, so be it.

Does any of this seem vain? So sorry. I think that after having every flaw on my body ripped to shreds ("lose the gut," "you need scar cream," "do something with your hair," "I don't want my wife to have a mustache," "take better care of yourself." The list is endless), I'm allowed to take all the time in the world to make myself feel ok again. I've already established that I'd rather hang out with my hair than people. My hair makes me feel good about myself. People don't.*

Considering that I have horrible hair that has split ends, broken pieces everywhere, frizz and ugly curls, that doesn't say much.

No comments:

Post a Comment