Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hooray for Drugs!

Not that kind, silly.

I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow. The first one to take place outside an inpatient hospital setting in over a year, how's that for exciting and terrifying all at the same time?

I'm hoping the doctor is alright. I once had a psychiatrist that I adored. He was helpful, kind, willing to listen, didn't prescribe things that made me sick, and if they did he changed them immediately. One day I was given the devastating news that he would be leaving the practice...and not just down the road, either. He was going far, far away. I have no idea where he is now, but if I did, I would pay anything and travel anywhere to see him again. He was that good.

I don't know anything about the guy I'm seeing tomorrow. I'm a little anxious about it. Go figure. I'm hoping that this time tomorrow I have a prescription to help me with my incessant anxiety. I also need lab work ordered to check the level of lithium in my blood. Lithium is a tricky drug, you have to have just the right amount in you for it to work; it's called the therapeutic level. Too much lithium and you can become "toxic," and guess what, that can kill you. Guess when my last lithium level check was? Oh, last June, in the hospital where it was prescribed to me. Guess how often one is supposed to be checked? Every few weeks. Oops. I haven't died yet, so I'm guessing I'm ok.

Would you believe I found a use for olive green tights?


Don't I look just thrilled about that?

Why is everything I write a question?

I wore this dress (which is black, teal and green) in January with black tights and a teal jacket. Today I wore it with a black cardigan, the aforementioned olive green tights and black shoes. And yes, that is a matching blingy ring. I bought it a couple of hours ago. I saw it a couple months ago during all the Christmas sales, but I couldn't justify buying it, even at the sale price. Tonight, I saw it and it was on clearance. I took that as a sign. It's mine now. My precious.

Just kidding, that's creepy.

Great, now I can't get the image of Gollum out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment