Thursday, February 23, 2012

Well, I'm Late. But Great!

Late for bed, that is. Last night I was in bed by this time. I popped out of bed like a daisy around 6:12ish. And then my whole day was ruined because I realized that my niece was still sleeping and I couldn't shower/dry my hair/make noise. So I went back to bed, only to have nightmares until I got up. Not a good start to the day. Luckily, there will be another one tomorrow. I hope.

My last post reflects the latest and absolutely GREATEST of my dance inspirations. I went to church early tonight (I go every Thursday for a meeting that I am bound to talk about one of these days) to work some stuff out since I begin teaching a dance class on Saturday. Did I mention that? Perhaps not. I am volunteering to teach a modern/ballet class at church. I can't wait! Anyway, I had a blast. Leave me alone in a big enough space with some amazing music, and I am the happiest person on the planet, guaranteed.

I'm no prima ballerina but I've been told I'm somewhat good at what I do on the dance floor. A contemporary hybrid of modern and ballet is what I excel at. What I love about dance is that when I'm dancing, I don't think about anything else but the movement, the music and the emotion that ties them together. My racing thoughts, my anxiety, all of my issues go away and my emotional backlog is cleared instantaneously. All I need is the music coursing through my body. Whether I'm alone or performing for a crowd of 1000, it doesn't matter, the high is the same. There's a certain cocktail of adrenaline and endorphins associated with the way I dance, I don't feel that way at any other time. And it doesn't matter if the piece is loud and powerful or soft and moving. It's amazing.

For kicks, here's today's outfit. No biggie. I was cranky this morning (please refer to paragraph 1) and didn't care, so black clothes and eyes it was.


I took this picture about 15 minutes ago. I'm much happier now than this morning. Because I danced.

I need to dance more often. If I didn't have to sleep or eat or any of that life-sustaining stuff, I'd do it all day...and look good doing it.

And that's why I'm great.

No comments:

Post a Comment