Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hair and Back Again

I have curly hair. Perhaps you've noticed. Occasionally it looks alright when I leave it down, but most of the time it looks like a perm gone wrong.

My hair is the longest it's been since I was 25. Weeks after my 25th birthday, I chopped it off to about chin length, and it's been up there ever since. Well, until it started growing out because I had no choice. I liked my short hair. I had to straighten it all the time, but I didn't mind because it didn't take long to do, and that was kind of the point. Now that it's long-ish again, I'm faced with a dilemma. Cut it or keep it?

Short hair is so easy to take care of...long hair gives me more variety. But if I don't take advantage of that variety and just let it do its thing, then I get bored and want to cut it off again. It's a vicious cycle!

I haven't been playing around much with my hair lately because of my atrocious split ends. I haven't bothered because when my hair is this wrecked, nothing looks good. I had to do something though, I was going crazy. So last night after my shower, I blow dried and flat ironed my hair straight...and then put it in pin curls. Is that insane? For a curly haired person to straighten her hair just to curl it again? I don't care if it is. I like the results:


If I had a dress like this to wear every day, I might be the happiest girl in the world. I had a black cardigan over top to keep warm, and I have to say, I was quite satisfied with myself. I love, love, LOVE this style of dress. 40s-50s fashion makes me happy. Very, very happy.

But back to hair. This is what it looked like at the end of the day. This morning, the curls were tighter and made the whole style an inch or two shorter. The style is a lot of work, but honestly, I love it. I think I would be sad if I cut it off, especially since I'm just learning how to do fun stuff like this.

Ok. I've made up my mind. I keep it long.

I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment