Monday, April 23, 2012

Wait, What Are We Celebrating?

Today is the 30th birthday of one of my best friends. I met up with her, her boyfriend and her brother for dinner tonight. Upon my arrival, she whips out a sparkly, colorful creation and hands it to me over the table. It was a divorce card! Handmade! It was so thick and heavy it didn't even fit into an envelope! Here, take a look:


The picture in the middle is a marriage certificate with flames underneath it. Love it.

The inside is a bit personal, so no pic. Suffice it to say that it contained a heartfelt message of love and support and it almost made me tear up in public, just as the server tried to take my drink order. I managed to squeak out a request for a diet coke and then explain jubilantly that I just got divorced and that I got a divorce card! She seemed happy for me, but I doubt she cared much.

Anyway, you can imagine my discomfort when I handed my friend the punchy birthday card that I purchased not an hour prior.

It's a big year, 2012. So far there's been a birth, a divorce, and a birthday in my circle of friends. We turn 30 this year. More birthdays are coming, more parties, more happiness. I really think that this could be the best year ever. Bigger and better things are on the horizon, I can feel it.

Here's to being 30, divorced and most importantly, happy. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment