Wednesday, April 18, 2012

D-Day

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Morning: I woke up to a dream about having received my divorce decree in the mail.
Afternoon: Check mail. Nothing. Pout.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012
10:03am: Google chat my mom telling her to magically make the decree appear because I'm sick of waiting.
10:05am: Receive phone call from mom saying that the attorney just called to say he had the decree.
10:06am: Yell and jump up and down for joy.
10:30am: Realize that my productivity for the day is shot.
11:45am: Leave work to go to attorney's office.
11:55am: Find favorite parking spot on that street empty, with an hour and two minutes in the meter.
12:00pm: Pick up decree from attorney's legal assistant.
12:05pm: Yell out my car window to my attorney, who is walking down the street, to thank him profusely. I am in the middle of the street blocking traffic.
12:30pm: Have lunch with two of my bridemaids. Initially, the purpose was not to celebrate my newfound freedom, but the irony was there nonethless.
2:30pm: Return to work.
5:10pm: Give decree to mom so she can look at it in all its glory.
5:15pm: Look at official date of divorce to send to the clerk at church to change my marital status. It was Wednesday, April 11, 2012.


This is the face of someone who has been through hell and back (twice) and lived to tell the tale. I've been spit on, beaten, bitten, scratched, kicked, thrown, degraded, yelled at, called worthless, thrown in jail for reacting like a human being, homeless, out of work, called fat & useless, prohibited from practicing my faith and contacting my friends and family. It didn't take away my faith, and the last shreds of strength I could muster were 100% God-given. My gratitude is inexplicable.

Watch out world, I'm back.

2 comments:

  1. The beginning of the rest of your life! Plan wisely, and listen to counsel. God is always with you!

    ReplyDelete