Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hi there!

I'm still riding this high called life. I opened my blinds today. I haven't voluntarily done that in years! But when I got home from work today, I was enjoying my empty house with some music and dancing, and just spontaneously opened the blinds! My room looks so different when lit with natural sunlight.

So today there was dancing and nostalgia and the sudden urge to create. Suddenly I want to write the book people tell me I should be writing. I want to submit poetry and prose to hipster lit mags. I want to dance and sing and write and draw and paint all at the same time!

Seriously, I don't remember the last time I felt this great. I just woke up the other day and was happy. Genuinely happy! And a little stir crazy. I want to go out and do something for a change. I'd like to poke my head out and say hello to the world!

In addition to all of that, there was some primping. I put my hair in pin curls.


Please pardon the grainier-than-usual photo. I used the front facing camera on my phone to take the picture and the quality isn't as good. Not that the regular camera is that great.

Anyway, there they are. They're a pain to do but the results are fun. Well, if they take. If they don't, then I wasted an hour and my hair looks terrible, usually resulting in a ponytail.

I'm going to attempt to sleep. Wish me luck. I'm not tired but I have to get up for work, so...yeah. Bedtime.

Night!

Note:  When I was labeling this post, I typed in 'happy' and realized that it hadn't been used yet. I've been blogging for 3 months and never once made a significant enough mention of happiness for it to warrant a label. That's kinda sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment