Monday, March 5, 2012

Plague!

Well, not exactly. Everyone in my house is sick with a massive cold...except for me. My sister is just getting over it, my dad just got it again, my niece got it the other night, my mom succumbed yesterday, and here I am, completely healthy. Physically, at least. It's quite obvious that my mental health needs work.

A while back I had said that March was going to be a big month for a bunch of reasons. Well, the first reason arrived on Thursday, March 1. Baby best friend was born at 11:40, perfectly healthy, without so much as a birthmark. I realize it's 4 days later, I apologize for the delay. I was actually at the hospital when she was born, keeping one of the new Grandpas and the little uncle (he's 9) company in the waiting room. It was a great day, but exhausting, and I wasn't even the one giving birth!

Next up on the list of March events - other best friend's baby hits 6 months! It's funny, because these two best friends are 8 months apart, and now their kids are almost 6 months apart. I think that's neat.

The most exciting thing to happen this month? I CAN GET DIVORCED! 17 days until the 90 day waiting period is up. My papers are eligible to be seen by a judge on March 22. I am praying that it happens quickly and smoothly. I can't wait to be free.

This morning, I put on my black pencil skirt, net tights, mustard yellow tshirt with the embellishment on the neckline (tucked in), black patent belt and heels. Straight hair, neutral makeup, simple gold jewelry. I thought I looked decent, but then I got home from Job #2 and looked awful...from the shoulders down at least. My makeup was still flawless. I've gotten pretty good at it, if I say so myself. Anyway, I didn't like what I saw, so I didn't take a picture.

I'm excited to try new hair ideas tomorrow...but right now, I'm going to take a bath and paint my nails. Maybe not in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment