Saturday, March 24, 2012

The New & The Nostalgic

I sewed for the first time today. Nothing fancy, just a couple of basic seams and a dart. It was fun! I can't wait to learn more. It's the perfect kind of mind numbing repetitive activity that gets me out of the cesspool of negativity I usually refer to as my brain.

I bought a denim maxi skirt last night. Not usually my style, but I liked it, and honestly, who's keeping tabs? I wore it today with a t-shirt I bought a week or so ago. I also wore the coral lipglaze that I had intended to wear yesterday. Obviously, I'm in a better mood.


I was feeling nostalgic tonight and looked up Park, a band I haven't listened to in way too long. Listening to them takes me back a few years...specifically to the summer where all I did was listen to music, find new music, go to shows, hung out with my friend's band, worked for the aforementioned band...everything I did had to do with music. It was one of the best summers I've ever had.

I'd like to be as happy as I was that summer. I was surrounded by people I loved and music that made me happy. I was living my passion. That's what I need to be doing with my life - living my passion. I just with I could make up my mind as to what that is, exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment