Saturday, March 17, 2012

Get Away

This weekend my parents and I went to upstate New York. It was nice to get away.

We left yesterday afternoon. Our first destination was a town called Skaneateles (pronounced "skinny-atlas"). On our way there, my mom received the following text: "[niece] is in the bathtub and I was washing my hands and she goes "save me, save me" and I looked at her and she's pointing "right there" and she had taken a dump in the bathtub." You may have figured that out from my last post...just thought I'd give the details.

By the time the hilarity, shock, and digust wore off, we arrived in Skaneateles. It was quaint; right next to a lake, and chock full of small shops that could've kept me entertained for days. The main attraction was this antique store (I forgot the name) that had two floors full of stuff, though I never made it past the lower level. In fact, I didn't make it out of a corner on the lower level...because I found a stockpile of cheap, vintage clothes in nearly mint condition. After perusing the racks and weighing my options carefully, I ended up buying a furry black dress coat from the 70s for $17.50. It's in immaculate condition. There's just one thing...after buying it, I noticed that the label says to clean "using furrier method only." There's no other label, so I don't know what it's made out of! The wording of the label makes me nervous...because there's a chance that I just bought fur, like, real fur from who knows what kind of animal. If any of it is real, I think it would only be the collar. The rest of it is kind of a soft, matted woolly type of material and I can't imagine what it would be from, so I've decided that it's fake. But the collar...who knows.

After Skaneateles, we drove up to the Palmyra area, where we were staying. We had dinner in a nearby town; it was good but made me sick. I had facial/mani/pedi plans last night and because I felt so ill, I didn't do any of it except pathetically have my mom paint my nails.

This morning, we went to the Palmyra temple, and afterwards walked through "downtown" Palmyra, where we found more treasures. I bought a neat looking jump rope for $1, a red American Tourister makeup case from the 60s and this:


Fact: I collect teapots. This one was screaming my name the second I walked in the store.

That about sums it up. Now I'm home, and it's loud and lil' niecey-poo won't go to bed. There is nowhere in this house that is quiet. It's really starting to wear on me. It really is motivation to get my stuff together so I can move out.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment