Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It Feels Weird to Type "I Love You."

A funny thing happened today. Out of the clear blue, my niece yells out, "Bekah! I love you!"

Um, ok.

I think I said that out loud, too. Closely followed by "thank you."

If that seems like a strange interaction, I guess I should explain.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've said "I love you" to any member of my immediate family in the last ten years. I have a hard time with it. It's not that I don't, I just can't say it. I feel stupid and vulnerable and self-conscious and like I'm being judged. I don't really care for the whole lovey-touchy-feely-brady-bunchy thing. It's most likely from the fact that I don't (and haven't ever) deemed myself worthy to give and receive love, blah blah blah. *sigh*

I'm not a horrible person, I swear. I just have issues.

Sorry family, don't take it personally. I probably need a lot more therapy to break through that one.

Speaking of family, I wore one of my grandmother's necklaces (Mima, my mom's mom). It's a silver bib necklace. I know the whole bib necklace thing is "in" right now but I didn't really know how to wear it. I had a hunch, but I'm ashamed to say, the other day I googled how to wear one. Turns out, I was right, you either have a low enough neckline to not interfere, or a high enough neckline to make your shirt a backdrop. And you keep the accessories to a minimum. I tried it:

And here's the whole outfit. Shoes and shrug provided by my sister. Although she didn't know that when I got dressed.


I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment